Our Physiotherapist, using the knowledge of anatomy, physiology, patho physiology, biomechanics and bioengineering provides orthosis (an externally applied device ) to modify the structural and functional characteristics of the neuromuscular and skeletal system deformity and control instability.
The purposes of such devices are:
- Limit and/or immobilize an extremity, joint or body segment for a particular reason
- To restrict movement in a given anatomical direction
- To assist ambulation improve gait
- To reduce weight bearing forces for a particular purpose
- To aid rehabilitation from fractures after the removal of a cast
- To otherwise correct the shape and/or function of the body, to provide easier movement capability or reduce pain